- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ . chorizo, sliced
- 150g of frozen calamari, defrosted
- black pepper
- 1 c. short-grain arborio or carolina rice
- 50gr. can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 kg. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 c. frozen peas
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add calamari to one side and chorizo to the other. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden, 10 minutes. (Remove chorizo if it’s getting too burned.)
In a large slow-cooker, add browned chicken-chorizo mixture, rice, tomatoes, onion, garlic, paprika, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken broth and white wine, then stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low until rice is almost tender, stirring occasionally, 1½ to 2 hours.
Remove lid and stir in shrimp and frozen peas. Cover and cook until shrimp is pink and peas warmed through, about 10 minutes more.
Garnish with parsley